Request a Quote
Price is dependant on quantity, please request a quote for more information. If you are interested in samples, please refer to our sample price policy.
GP-710 is a high viscosity dimethyl silicone copolymer fluid, containing mercaptopropyl side chains in addition to the conventional methyl group substituents. The structure of GP-710 is as follows where x=933 and y=6:
The following list summarizes some of the special features of GP-710:
- Reactive Mercapto Functionality
- High Affinity for Metal Surfaces
- Corrosion Inhibiting Properties
- Better Release Agent than Conventional Silicone Fluids in many Applications
- Greater High Temperature and Oxidative Stability than Conventional Silicones
Reactions of Mercapto Silicone
The most useful reaction of the mercapto functionality of GP-710 involves addition to double bond compounds:Reactions of Mercapto Silicone:
This reaction has been applied to the addition of a wide variety of olefins, including styrene, 1-alkenes, acrylic and methacrylic acids, along with unsaturated compounds. Catalysts include basic materials and peroxides. Mercapto groups also have shown reactivity with isocyanates, epoxies and sulfur cure or peroxide cure rubber elastomers.
Clear, Colorless to Light Straw Liquid
|Weight/Gallon @ 25°C||
|Viscosity (cPs) @ 25°C||
|Flash Point (P.M.C.C.)||
|Molecular Weight (Calculated)||
|Wt. % Active||
Aliphatic Hydrocarbon Solvents
|Wt. % SH||
- Plastic and Rubber Release Agent
- Internal Lubricant and Release Agent for Sulfur and Peroxide Cure Rubber
- Co-reactant in Vinyl Polymerizations
- Corrosion Inhibitor Coatings
- Synthesis of Organic/Silicone Copolymers
- Ingredient in UV and EB Cure Inks and Coatings
- Heat Stabilizer Additive for use in Dimethyl Silicone Fluids
Processing and Safety Guidelines
GP-710 may be easily mixed with aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbon solvents. The fluid is also fully compatible with dimethyl Silicone Fluids. GP-710 should be handled with all of the precautions required in handling any industrial chemical product. Consult Safety Data Sheet for additional details.
GP-710 is supplied in 5-gallon (40 lbs.) pails, 55-gallon (440 lbs.) drums and 330-gallon (2640 lbs.) totes. No special storage requirements are necessary.